Why Use a Recruiter
Running your own job search requires a lot of time. Plus, selling yourself is difficult for many people. When you use an FJA recruiter, you have someone marketing you for you, without any cost or effort on your part other than providing some basic information about your skills, experience and preferences. A good recruiter can help you:
- Find a job at no cost
- Save time
- Screen opportunities for you so you find the right job faster and easier
- Protect your anonymity
- Contact employers to find more opportunities for you
- Locate opportunities that are never advertised and that you may never find on your own
- Schedule interviews for you as well as make any necessary travel arrangements if necessary
- Prepare you for the interview with coaching and questions that will put you on the top of the list
- Help you negotiate a higher salary and better benefits
- We also help you during the transition process after you sign the contract
Q. Why should I use a physician recruiter?
A. A physician recruiter can find the right job opportunity for you in the right practice setting and location, saving you time, money, headaches and resources. Using a recruiter is free to you. And the recruiter's healthcare organization client will usually pay for your interview expenses.
Our recruiters have access to positions that cover some of the best opportunities in the West with major healthcare systems and networks, leading private groups, clinics and government agencies — positions you may never find on your own. The best recruiters can also find you immediate opportunities in most specialties and locate more opportunities through their broad network of contacts.
Q. Why should I choose Franklin Joseph & Associates over another recruiter?
A. Franklin Joseph & Associates provides a “one stop” resource center for physicians and the health care community with a multitude of opportunities Our average consultant has more than 10 years of experience at placing physicians in the right opportunities. When you choose Franklin Joseph & Associates, you can rely on our expertise and network to quickly locate more opportunities for permanent job placements.
Plus we'll give you unmatched service and support, from arranging for your travel to and from your interview to helping with any necessary relocation expenses. We are committed to finding you a solid, lasting career that matches your desires and talents. We take pride in developing and maintaining relationships with our candidates and clients. FJA maintains a state-of-the-art network and telephone system within our office to ensure the safe and reliable transmission of information. FJA's president, Steve Cannon monitors the code of ethics in alignment with NAPR and the MGMA.
Q. How do I get started?
A. Just give us a call, send us an e-mail or contact us via our Web link and one of our search consultants will work with you to understand your needs, your goals and your interests, collect all of the necessary information and find you the perfect match. Your recruiter will take care of all the details of every aspect of the placement process—from making sure your CV is in order to arranging interviews and everything in between.
Q. Will using a recruiter affect my salary?
A. No. Our fees are paid by our client healthcare organizations. You pay nothing. So you have everything to gain and nothing to lose. When you apply for a job on Franklin Joseph & Associates, you are applying for a real job. A real hiring professional has worked with a real Franklin Joseph & Associates consultant to validate the position, develop a job description and pre-interview questions that will properly define your duties, responsibilities, and necessary expertise. When you apply for a job through Franklin Joseph & Associates, you will know instantly whether you are a good fit.
When a decision is made, regardless of the outcome, you will be contacted directly by Franklin Joseph & Associates. Franklin Joseph & Associates understands that job seekers are not only physicians but people as well. Mutual respect is central to our solution. We encourage you to join the Franklin Joseph & Associates community. Even if the current listings don’t fit your interests, you could serve as a referral for a friend or be referred yourself when a position opens up that matches your skills. We believe in the good ole Golden Rule "“do unto others as they would do unto you”. Franklin Joseph & Associates was founded on the idea that if you treat people better, you will find the ultimate success in the end.
How Does One Measure a Physician's Productivity?
- Time devoted to the clinic
- 4 days, 46 weeks = 80% Efficiency & Consistency
- Volume — No. of Patients / Hr / Day
- Quality- Positive Feedback from Patients, Medical Staff & Community
Can You Define the Following Income Productivity Definitions?
- Gross Productivity - Total charges for all physician provided services based on the group's fee schedule.
- 3rd Party Adjustments - Physician specific 3rd party adjustments affecting individual physician's gross productivity (i.e. Medicare, Medicaid, Blue Shield, HMO's).
- Collectible Productivity - Gross Productivity minus 3rd Party Adjustment
- % of Total Collectible Productivity - The ratio of individual physician's collectible productivity to group's total collectible productivity.
- Physician Draw - % of physician's productivity times a certain % of cash receipts.
What is the Difference Between an Income Guarantee and a Salaried Position?
A guarantee is the dollar amount that a hospital will pay in your first year or two of work. A salary is a fixed amount that will be paid over a specific time frame.